Strategic Marketing Manager
A great Australian success story, Pillow Talk are game changers in retail. We are one of Australia's largest family owned and operated retail businesses, with 40 years of experience under our belt. From humble beginnings in a small Brisbane store, we now have 57 stores (and counting) across Queensland, New South Wales, the ACT and Victoria.
At our core, we're a large company with a very personal, small business feel, and our friendly community spirit is something that influences our day-to-day operations. Our close-knit team are passionate about our business, and we are passionate about them too. We provide comprehensive training for staff to grow in their current roles and invaluable opportunities to build long term careers within Pillow Talk.
Joining the Pillow Talk family would give you the opportunity to get involved in the world of home styling and interior decoration. Our products are high fashion and high quality, with a great price point, and our team are committed to designing, sourcing and delivering the very best styles to our customers. At every level of our company, you'll be working with talented and experienced individuals, in an inspiring, creative and energetic work environment.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Strategic Marketing Manager will be required to generate profitable growth by increasing sales through the development and successful execution of marketing strategies. These strategies would incorporate traditional print, digital, PR social mediums.
The Strategic Marketing Manager will lead and drive the internal marketing teams and liaise with external stakeholders in branding and marketing campaigns to increase and build on the business/brand’s growth and profit targets. Along with a number of direct reports, the SMM will be responsible for coordinating and collaborating with all teams involved in advertising and marketing our products.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Coordination and execution of marketing strategies in line with Company objectives and the creative direction from the General Manager
- Manage and disseminate the yearly marketing budget
- Formulate and manage scalable annual and quarterly marketing plans
- Mange the overall marketing workflows in conjunction with the inhouse eCommerce, Art, Design and Photography teams.
- Design, style and coordinate the production of commercially driven catalogues every two weeks. This is fashion driven, in some cases, sales driven in others, and requires strategic planning of deadlines, shoots, printing, distribution, and digital interpretation.
- Campaign management - including the creation and execution of ongoing campaigns including catalogues, digital and website promotions as well as seasonal or adhoc activities.
- Ensure the social media campaigns and email communications to our customer database are in line with current campaigns and Company advertising objectives
- Ensure the teams work to create content to continue to drive traffic to both online and instore
- Drive and deliver PR and event opportunities within print and social media avenues
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure all relevant stakeholders are working collaboratively and informed of marketing objectives
- Work with the Design team to ensure seasonal themes and an image library are prepared in advance for retail calendar events.
- Travel both locally and interstate when required.
Key qualities we are looking for:
- Extensive traditional marketing experience with particular skills in styling and producing catalogues.
- An in depth understanding of the retail environment and commercial results
- Have a good understanding of design, layout and fashion
- Ability to manage and coordinate the workflows of a number of teams including 10-15 Graphic designers, a studio team, Digital Marketing team and PR.
- Good understanding of digital media platforms and competent general computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly organised with an eye for detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to adapt changing priorities
- Self-motivated with an innate enthusiasm and drive to deliver results