Digital Graphic Designer - Maternity Leave Contract
A great Australian success story, Pillow Talk are game changers in retail. We are one of Australia’s largest family owned and operated retail businesses, with 40 years of experience under our belt. From humble beginnings in a small Brisbane store, we now have 58 stores (and counting) across Queensland, New South Wales, the ACT and Victoria.
At our core, we’re a large company with a very personal, small business feel, and our friendly community spirit is something that influences our day-to-day operations. Our close-knit team are passionate about our business, and we are passionate about them too. We provide comprehensive training for staff to grow in their current roles and invaluable opportunities to build long term careers within Pillow Talk.
Joining the Pillow Talk family would give you the opportunity to get involved in the world of home styling and interior decoration. Our products are high fashion and high quality, with a great price point, and our team are committed to designing, sourcing and delivering the very best styles to our customers. At every level of our company, you’ll be working with talented and experienced individuals, in an inspiring, creative and energetic work environment.
The Opportunity (12 month Maternity Leave Contract)
Awaits…… for a passionate and energetic Digital Graphic Designer to work alongside our passionate digital team to develop and deliver visually appealing and impactful online content.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within our innovative business, which continues to embrace new ideas and concepts, whilst always keeping the most important person in our business top of mind; our customer.
- You have a love of cushions, a well-made bed and all forms of home decoration. You understand how our predominantly female customer would shop, what would make her shop for bedding and homewares and the language, visual and verbal, that she will respond to, while continuing to grow our male customer base.
- You would be able to show at least 5 years’ experience.
- You will possess and be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects. You love nothing more than creating impactful artwork and delivering new creative executions that demand attention from our customers, both current and new. You are a skilled animater, with the ability to create engaging video content.
- You are very customer focused and love seeing your artwork drive traffic to our website and stores.
- You live and breathe digital design. This shows in your genuine enthusiasm about introducing new creative executions to the Pillow Talk brand and seeing the engagement it generates
- Above all else, you are a passionate, results-driven and motivated team player!
Here’s what you would do
- Design, manage and coordinate all digital artwork including but not exclusive to; web banners, eDMs, remarketing banners, social media visuals and digital look books.
- Create video content for various marketing channels.
- Design for a range of traditional artwork requirements including but not exclusive to; catalogues, print advertising, billboard, in-store POS and tickets.
- Work closely with the e-Commerce team and Marketing Manager to ensure all marketing material is on brand and consistent with the overall company objective and strategy.
- Meet multiple strict deadlines.
- Develop new concepts and design treatments.
- Maintain artwork archives.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the Art Department to ensure digital and traditional channels are cohesive.
- Demonstrate proficiency in current technical skill and show aptitude for learning new technology when required.
What else would be required
- A high proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator
- Strong conceptual and design capabilities
- Excellent communication with proficient writing skills
- Flexibility – accepting changes and direction based on commercial values
- Not averse to taking direction, but also capable of owning a job
- Ability to work within the corporate identity
- Able to manage and coordinate multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to liaise with key people to ensure tight deadlines are met
- Able to work autonomously
- Manage large volumes of work across multiple campaigns
- Keen eye for detail
This is an exciting role for anyone with a passion for digital graphic design.
In return we will offer you an exciting career opportunity with plenty of room for diversification and the opportunity to play a key role in our business. You will be joining a Brisbane-based team who are passionate about our brand and industry.
Please submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as samples from your portfolio in PDF format.
Salary commensurate with experience.