A great Australian success story, Pillow Talk are game changers in retail. We are one of Australia's largest family owned and operated retail businesses, with 40 years of experience under our belt. From humble beginnings in a small Brisbane store, we now have 59 stores (and counting) across Queensland, New South Wales, the ACT and Victoria.
At our core, we're a large company with a very personal, small business feel, and our friendly community spirit is something that influences our day-to-day operations. Our close-knit team are passionate about our business, and we are passionate about them too. We provide comprehensive training for staff to grow in their current roles and invaluable opportunities to build long term careers within Pillow Talk.
Joining the Pillow Talk family would give you the opportunity to get involved in the world of home styling and interior decoration. Our products are high fashion and high quality, with a great price point, and our team are committed to designing, sourcing and delivering the very best styles to our customers. At every level of our company, you'll be working with talented and experienced individuals, in an inspiring, creative and energetic work environment.
- Rare opportunity in one of Australia's best loved homewares companies
- Work with passionate and creative people in a fun and dynamic environment
- Domestic and international travel
We are excited to announce a unique opportunity on offer for an experienced buyer to join our Company. This is a highly sought after position, rarely available within a Brisbane based Australian company.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Source and negotiate products with international and local suppliers.
- Manage sales, inventory levels and profitability of the ranges across all retail stores.
- Management of delivery performance to meet strict deadlines.
- To be conversant with the principle of the merchandise lifecycle, from buying, production, through to quality control, delivery and advertising.
- Travel internationally to source and develop products.
- Work closely with the Marketing teams in the planning and implementation of catalogues and other advertising mediums.
- Be at the forefront of current and future market trends.
- Monitor and react to competitor activity.
You will demonstrate the following;
- Previous buying experience in a fashion retail environment.
- Specific experience in manchester would be an advantage
- Ability to negotiate effectively with suppliers ensuring the best outcomes for the company.
- Strong skills in design, colour, and fashion trends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able and willing to travel regularly both nationally and internationally.
- Good analytic and numerical skills
- Computer literate and internet savvy.
- Self-motivated, passionate and very much a team player
A Pillow Talk Career offers you:
- A working environment that fosters innovation, creativity and ownership.
- Generous employee discount and staff benefits
- Training and professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
- A competitive remuneration package
If this is something you have been waiting for, then apply now or contact us on 07 3248 4941 for a confidential chat.